Application Deadline: December 31st 2019
Each year the program recruits a small group of mid-career researchers and professionals to spend an academic year at the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health.The Takemi Program provides participants with the space, time, and flexibility to enhance their capacity for research and leadership.
To do this, Fellows are linked to two key resources: the weekly Takemi Seminar Series, and expert faculty. In addition, Fellows have the opportunity for collaboration throughout the Harvard community, and may elect to deepen their knowledge of theory or practice through relevant coursework. Fellows draw on these resources to produce at least one paper of publishable quality.
Applicants should be mid-career researchers who have completed graduate degrees, published in internationally recognized journals, and demonstrated potential leadership capacity in their home countries.
They are expected to show strong promise and appropriate preparation (including facility in English) to enable them to fully benefit from the experience. Further, they are expected to have made, or intend to make, a commitment to a career in health for which participation in the Program will be of significant value. Applications may come from any relevant discipline or profession (e.g., medicine, law, public health, economics, management, and social sciences).
The application contains the following components:
- Eligibility Questionnaire
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (PDF Upload) We accept TOEFL/IELTS. If you have attended an University in which English is the language of instruction, you can include a copy of your transcript.
- Statement of Interest (PDF Upload) We would like to know why you interested in the Takemi Program. We would like to learn more about your motivation for pursuing this opportunity. How will the program contribute to your professional life? What do you think you can contribute to the Program? Why do you think you would be successful in the Program? What do you hope to get from the Program? What are your plans after completing the Program?
- Basic Information
- Education and Professional Experiences
- CV (PDF Upload)
- Research Proposal (PDF Upload) Please note that data should be collected and ready for analysis before arriving to the Program. Please list the title of your research proposal and upload a PDF version. The full proposal should be no more than 5 pages (excluding the title page and references), single spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font. The Proposal must include the following (page length is only a suggestion):
- Title page
- Summary of the proposed project including a brief statement of specific aims and objectives and potential significance of the research (1/2 page)
- Specific aims (1/2 to 1 page)
- Background and significance (1/2 to 1 page)
- Data sources (1/2 to 1 page)
- Research design and methods (2 pages)
- Publication List (PDF Upload)
- Document Published in English (PDF Upload)
- References You must provide three references who are willing to submit letters of recommendation on your behalf. Once you complete the form as part of the application, an email will be generated and sent to your references.
For More Information: